This guide will briefly go over what Naslow Maps are, how and where to use them, and what you can get out of them.
What is a Naslow Map?
Naslow maps are a random drop from dungeons that allow you and up to a party of five people to go to a location and get some loot. The maps have a duration of 3 hours from the time of their pickup so you should keep an eye on your inventory for maps. They cannot be traded but they can be stored in a guild bank and other people with guild bank access can take them out.
How Do I Use A Naslow Map?
Naslow maps are greyed out / inactive until you are in the correct location for their use. There are five Naslow maps. Naslow's Treasure Map [Archive Grounds], Naslow's Treasure Map [Aurum Road], Naslow's Treasure Map [Citadel of Torment], Naslow's Treasure Map [Quarantine Zone], Naslow's Treasure Map [Thrallhold]. The detail texts on the map will tell you where to go. From the TERA Wiki, the five flavor texts are:
- "Use this map under three trees on the road where Tulufan and Cathedral Passageway meet. A friend will show you the way."
- "Use this map in the hidden cave connecting Quarantine Zone and Northern Feral Valley. A friend will show you the way."
- "Use this map at the location where Lok's Spear is. A friend will show you the way."
- "Use this map at the place which you must pass to get to the Citadel of Torment's basement—a frozen room where the Wraith statues and books are located. A friend will show you the way."
- "Use this map beneath Field Base Reciprocity, inside the cave the stairways are pointing at, where an alien pipe is located. A friend will show you the way."
Here's where those locations are, precisely.
1. Three trees on the road
Go to Tulufan then head south / south east. The three trees are the only trees in the area.
2. Hidden cave connecting Quarantine Zone and Northern Feral Valley
Go to Frontera then head north. You'll go halfway into the cave in-between the wood gates.
3. Lok's Spear
Go to Bastion, then use the local teleport to go to Channelworks - Spillway. Jump off the bridge and head toward the land near the tip of Lok's Spear.
4. Citadel of Torment ... Where the Wraith Statues and Books are Located
If you have Killing Grounds in your Vanguards Requests, you can use that vanguard to teleport to the Killing Grounds entrance teleport. Otherwise, go to Acarum, then use a local teleport to go to Gloomhaunt Senty Post. Head to the top of the stairs, head south, then west to the room on the bottom left of the map.
5. Beneath Field Base Reciprocity, Inside the Cave the Stairways are Pointing At
Go to Pathfinder Post, then use a local teleport to go to Field Base Valiance. Head west and a bit south until you see the floating platform "staircase." Go in the cave here and follow it to the wide area near the other exit.
What Kind of Loot Can I Get?
There are three tiers of loot that you can get from a Naslow map. A Hidden Gold Crate, Hidden Silver Crate, and Hidden Wooden Crate. The odds of getting each tier isn't too bad, compared to other loot in TERA. Generally, you'll get
- Some gems
- Might get old plates (gold and silver)
- Old infusion material tokens
- Harmonious Imbalance design
- Harmonious Imbalance items
- Titan's items, used for Etching crafting, but generally useless. Feed them to your pets!
And the higher tier boxes will have more than the lower ones. The main point of doing Naslow Maps now are for the gems to sell and for the achievement for activating all five maps.
Best case, you can grab your friends online or guild mates to go run the map. But if you can't fill a party, be generous and put an LFG up (y) with something like "Free Naslow Map, Quick" to get random people in on the fun. You can also see these kind of LFGs from time to time and you can join in on someone else's map. They might also be advertised in area chat around Highwatch or Velika. You can whisper the person ahead of time or be super forward and use "/join TheirName" to see if they'll take you.